Gunnison Valley Family Physicians (GVFP) specializes in quality primary health care with an emphasis on disease prevention and health promotion. Certified American Board of Family Physicians.
GVFP has provided quality primary family healthcare to the Gunnison Valley since 1941. As Family Physicians, we offer health care to all ages within a broad spectrum of hospital and clinic services. We are an independent clinic that is proud of our knowledgeable and caring staff. We accept a range of insurance plans.
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
A patient-centered medical home (PCMH) is a more effective and efficient model of health care delivery. This new model produces better care and lower costs.
In a patient-centered medical home:
- Patients have a relationship with a personal physician.
- A practice-based care team takes collective responsibility for the patient’s ongoing care.
- Care team is responsible for providing and arranging all the patient’s health care needs.
- Patients can expect care that is coordinated across care settings and disciplines.
- Quality is measured and improved as part of daily work flow.
- Patients experience enhanced access and communication.
- Practice uses EHRs (Electronic Health Records)
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home and Why Do I Need One?